Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Countdown to Easter: Day 3 (I missed one)

Okay so I missed a day, what can I say I'm a super busy lady lately. We started the day going to our stand and pray hour for the 40 days for life campaign that we've been participating in for the entire lenten season. After that, we headed over to Michael's to buy 1 canvas bag for a NICU mom gift bag & cookie cutters to make Easter cookies. When we got home the girls played and then took a nice long nap while I worked on some Easter cards for our NICU moms. Then it was dinner and bath time, followed by my girls reading to me and bed. Brian & I watched the news following that, which wasn't very good and we worked some more. Around 10:30 I decided to make my cookies so they'd be ready for the girls to "help" me ice tomorrow. I only managed to cut out two butterflies with my brand new cookie cutters. After that I decided to roll and cut, which ended up producing perfect egg shaped cookies. :) Easier, faster, and more fitting than butterflies. I also was very excited to find out one of my best friends will be able to stay with the twins on Saturday night while we attend Brian's festivities at the church.

A quote for Holy Thursday:

After you have made a decision that is pleasing to God, the Devil may try to make you have second thoughts. Intensify your prayer time, meditation, and good deeds. For if Satan's temptations merely cause you to increase your efforts to grow in holiness, he'll have an incentive to leave you alone.
-- St. Ignatius of Loyola

So this should read..."Our 2nd Easter" but it was the template I used for all of my preemie moms today :)

Getting ready to go out this morning

One of 2 cut out cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...