Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

3 Weeks to go!!!

Our couples baby shower was great fun and I'm so happy that it went so good. Brian and I have everything we need now and are ready for our little baby girls to make their appearance. Overall I have to thank God for the success of my pregnancy because I am 2 days away from being 32 weeks and the girls are still both enjoying their cozy dark living quarters inside my belly. They've stretched me to the max, so it is roomy in there, and I didn't get one stretch mark along the way so big plus. My summer bikini awaits me!!

A day after our last baby shower I woke up with that stabbing pain in my side, and immediately started having flash backs to week 18! I cried to myself thinking how great things had been going and now this. So I followed the same procedures as last time for a couple days..icy hot patches, Tylenol every 4hrs, heating pads, and ice packs but nothing was working this time. About the same time I started getting a rash on my back that was itchy and tingly. I called Dr. Faro and she told me to come in because it was too close to the end to take any chances. She took one look at the rash and asked me if I'd had chicken pox; then proceeded to diagnose me with shingles.

I have to say that having shingles was the worst pain I've ever been in. Ever..and at 30 weeks pregnant...OH JOY. My Dr hooked me up with all the medicine I needed to kick the virus and kill the pain and sent me home to recover. Well being me and always doing what I want...that weekend was Halloween and we had already made plans to go to Victoria and enjoy trick or treating with Presley and I wan't going to let even shingles stop me. Their street is adorable. The neighbors get really involved. A handful of people turn their garages into mini-haunted houses and my favorite house has popcorn, punch, and this year cotton candy!! I'm such a kid! Anyway, I couldn't resist so we made the trip and in a role reversal my lovely Beka took care of and waited on me. Thank you!!

My follow up appointment and ultra sound was on November 4th. My sister went with us for the first time and baby E gave her a beautiful profile to see. I think she enjoyed going and it was wonderful to share the experience with her. We were all amazed to find out that the babies weighed in at 4.1 and 3.7 oz. A small difference at this point. It's crazy that they are 4lbs now! Its been a "long" stressful road but actually short when considering the time I've known I was pregnant. I feel lucky about that too, not only did I get a 2 for 1 deal but it was short! I found out I was prego on June 8th and the girls will be here three weeks from now. I'm so thankful for the shortness...pregnancy is no joke!!! I'm very ready to have my body back to myself but feel very special to have been chosen to house my two precious little girls.

The shingles are healing thank goodness, I am ridiculously huge, it's hard to move, Brian has a monster to deal with 1/2 the time (and may I add, has withstood my moodswings much better than I would have expected), my ankles and feet are swollen!! I don't know who I am when I look in the mirror. With all that being said, I know every second of this is worth it. I will see my babies in just days! I do have one last request though...I would like to eat lots and lots of turkey, if they could wait till right after Thanksgiving that would be perfect in my book. Although, not sure we will make it!

To the babies living inside of me: "please girls stay put until after Nov. 26th then hurry as we are ready to meet you!! If we don't make it though we'll still get turkey so no worries. Daddy keeps watching you tube of twin baby girls giggling and laughing. He can't wait to hear you laugh!! And believe me he is quite the funny guy, you both will be rolling or maybe you two will make him roll, we shall soon see!! Love you both"

1 comment:

  1. We are so blessed. Amber & Brian & the girls received some beautiful gifts for the babies. It is so wonderful to see the love that our family and friends have for "Life" The life that these 2 babies will have will be so strong in faith because of the love around them. We are so lucky to be Noni & K-paw. We love you all so much. I am so proud Amber. You and Brian have created a beautiful nursery for the girls to come home to. It is so cozy. I am looking forward to sitting in there with the girls. your pictures of the nursery are precious. Amber, your creative eye is all over the place.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...